Myths busted! Here’s why your nail growth is unhealthy and DIY tips to cure it
Here’s why your nail growth is unhealthy
Deepika Padukone is probably one of those few women in the world who can always boast of having a great nail day. Whether she chooses to keep them long like at her wedding or trimmed amid promotions, Deepika’s nails only add more glamour to her ensemble. But we’re sure the actress follows a strict regime to keep them clean at all times.
But we bet at some given point, you must have wondered why your nails don’t grow so well. Apart from the regular nail growth, a nail can also grow sideways, or not grow at all. If you’re wanting beautiful nails like Deepika, then here’s busting a few myths and different ways to take care of them.
One of the most common reasons for irregular or unhealthy nail growth is not cleaning the nails. With pollution and dust all around, the dirt sticks to the skin under your nails that often cause infection. Moreover, continuous use of the keyboard makes your nail grow slant (happened to me) and it takes very long to take care of them. But these are rare concerns, here are popular myths around nail care that we’re busting today.
- You need to let your nails breathe
It’s often believed that constantly using nail polish and other chemicals doesn’t allow your nails to breathe and that directly affects the growth. But nails are made of dead cells and don’t need oxygen.
- Those white spots are calcium deficiency
Don’t believe that. Calcium deficiency doesn’t cause white spots on your nails. It’s actually caused due to nail damage like misusing tools or poor hygiene.
- Cutting cuticles makes your nails grow faster
Removing cuticles only make your nails appear longer but don’t play a significant role in making them grow faster. But using cuticle oil ensures to keep your nail bed clean that accelerates growth.
- Nail products can provide nutrition
No! End of the day, all the products in the market are made of chemicals and their side effects will eventually show.
- One of the easiest ways to take care of the nails as well as the skin around the nails is by using raw milk. Just like you use raw milk on your face to beat tan, dryness, dullness and random spots, you can keep your fingers and nail bed clean by regularly using milk.
- Not just your face, but your fingers and nails require a mask too. Every time you pamper your face, go ahead and mask your palms too.
- Is your sheet mask wet even after 20 minutes on your face? Cut it into two with scissors and wrap your palms around it.
- Keep a different hand cream and a nail cream in your vanity all along. These creams take care of the needs of your hands/nails respectively and that will ensure healthier growth.